Friday 25 May 2012

Who the hell is this Hoots & Kisses lady?

Okay, so after my extremely succesful first facebook buy on facebook from Doodlebags, I decided it was time to purchase from another favourite page. The perfect opportunity arose when a market night was being held by Hoots and Kisses.
Hoots & Kisses Bird Card

It really was perfect timing as mothers day was in a few weeks and I would need to send my mum a mothers day card, and of course get a few cards for myself to give to the kids to then give back to me. Even better still was that Hoots and Kisses is also on the Sunshine Coast so I could support a local lady. So purchase away I did like a mad woman on a mission on the Market Night. I was slapping down that SOLD word everywhere and as fast as I could onto the cards I wanted.
Hoots & Kisses Mothers Day Card

The owner of Hoots & Kisses is a lovely lady by the name of Suzie, and over a few months we have become very chatty & supportive of each others facebook page, so we decided this would be a great excuse to meet and have a cuppa and for Suzie to hand deliver the cards & see the Kids Art setup.

Hoots & Kisss Cute Pocket Invites

At first, it did not seem wierd to organise this rendeveous but as the time got close, I started to think , this is like internet dating and we are meeting for the first time on our very first date. What if she is some crazy phsyco lady, that is going to come over to the Kids Art business and become a stalker or even worse be really boring and it is like pulling teeth trying to have a conversation with her. What would I do? How would I get rid of her? Who the hell is this Hoots & Kisses lady?
Hoots & Kisses - Owl Print Framed

Then I had a more terrifying thought. What if she was thinking these crazy things about me. ME? What if she was thinking who the hell is this Kids Art lady? I mean I know I am awesome, but what if she was thinking that she was coming to some crazy ladies business and was going to end up locked up in the basement forever, never to be heard of again... aghhhhh.
Hoots & Kisses - Mothers Day card

So we met, and it was a little odd at first, not wierd, just odd. That lasted about 1 minute, then after that, we just laughed and talked, and talked and laughed, and it was just awesome. She was so lovely and she was crazy but in the same way that I am crazy, so it was great and the time just flew. Her phone never rang, so her emergency call never came, you know the one that people make when they are going on a date and someone "pretends" to ring and say that there is an emergency and they have to leave. So the "date' was a great success and  I am sure I have made a new friend in real life as well as in facebook world.
Hoots & Kisses LOGO

And after all that, 2 things happened which explains why we are as crazy as each other
  • 1st Suzie forgot to bring the cards I purchased from her market night to our first "date"
  • 2nd Once I got the cards, I forgot to send the Mothers Day card to my mum.
crazy, crazy, crazy

Check out Hoots & Kisses Blog
& Hoots & Kisses Facebook Page

Have a great day!!!!!
Cheers Chantelle

www.kids-art.com.au

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant! You bring a situation to life simply by writing about it. Just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks Mrs Doodlebags. I wonder what Mrs Hoots & Kisses will say once she reads it... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs Hoots is loving it!!!!! LOL! Well done Chan!!! and thanks for the free publicity!!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol if only giving you free publicity was so easy Mrs Hoots & Kisses. I would love to have that type of power. lol

    ReplyDelete